!! The little things you'd like to see fixed

Report bugs and other technical issues with the game world here.

Moderators: Dasaria Game DMs, A&SI Moderators

Jehannum
Lord of The Realms

!! The little things you'd like to see fixed

Postby Jehannum » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 am

Post the typos, graphics quirks, and other annoyances that dont affect gameplay here.

Thanks!

Media Brad
Commoner

Postby Media Brad » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:15 am

When talking to Dana in North Cear, the option to get the quest is #2, not #1. So when you don't care to read what she says for the 5th time, you have to still remember to choose option 2 half-way through your conversation with her.
As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. - Andrew Carnegie
Characters: Burt Hedgefelt, Negnar Thunderbellows, Merilee Azimoon

muletang
Dasarian Hero

Postby muletang » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:28 am

a couple of walk mesh (?) joys:

if you click outside the main gates whilst on the path near Ealden (yeah you have to be rolled out a fair way and be able to see it etc, but you get a proper icon and the circle appears on the floor etc) you run around the house that is usually locked and has nothing inside (on the misty side of the road) and stop to the left of the door. I usually click as far in front as I can especially around gates so I dont start closing them and having to use keys, so noticed this a few times then tested it and it does it everytime.

The alchemists shop in North Caer is a bugger to get into from a rolling start. If you don't hit the door with the open icon first time it sets you (ok, me) on a jolly jaunt around the damned place, even though it is a wall it seems that you click through it to the ground the other side.
Yeah, I know it is a point click issue and I could stop, wait till I am fully focused with steady hand and then click, but I don't - I click it thinking I have the door, then run off round the other side of the building, then click back and run back the other way until finally with an Arg! I stop still and do it the right way.

I don't mind these not being fixed, but you did ask *Grin* :wink:
I don't feel any shame, I won't apologise
--
"...I do not entertain the possibility of an afterlife, or any deity capable of offering it. Given the world that he created, it would be an impiety against God to believe in him..."

Inziladun
Commoner

Postby Inziladun » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:32 am

In the city of Cear, there's a stone gate (Wall {Stone - Gate} is it's Toolset name) which can be seen through due to a problem with the model. This is easy enough to fix by putting two 'Wall {Stone - Post}' At each side of the gate to block the holes.

Multiple buildings in Cear are 'floating' off the ground, one example that I can remember is the Cheesemaker's row of buildings.

A texture bug, which I believe is caused when 'overwritting' textures appears on pretty much each of the stone textures used underneath buildings in Cear. I'm not aware of a way around it, but it's kind of funky to see little spots of colour on the stone.

A couple of gates in Cear are able to be opened, showing the end of the map (blue nothingness). There are also multiple doors which weren't set to 'static' all around the city of Cear.

The NPCs set on random wander mode are uneccesary for interior buildings. Often Store owners are walking into corners and more annoyingly NPCs ALWAYs walk into players sitting at tavern tables or bars. It gets very annoying when you're trying to have a serious conversation and persistant Inn Patrons are a little -too- happy to see you. Personally I would leave this random wandering for very big interiors and exteriors only.

That's all I can think of for now. :wink:

muletang
Dasarian Hero

Postby muletang » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:37 am

Not meaning to be deliberatley antagonistic here Inzi, but I really like the wandering characters in places like the inns - adds atmosphere and you also get outside influence on you (admittedly in real life those guys in the misty would have been bottled by now or eaten by a horc) so it adds a decent bit of rp element in having to deal with them.
Anyway, thats just my view on that one. :)
--
"...I do not entertain the possibility of an afterlife, or any deity capable of offering it. Given the world that he created, it would be an impiety against God to believe in him..."

Wyvern
Lord of The Realms

Postby Wyvern » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:39 am

He does have a valid point about the store keeps. If someone could post an annotated map showing the location of the floating buildings, doors etc, that would help a LOT.
It's just a game...

muletang
Dasarian Hero

Postby muletang » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:44 am

true true, talking to the back of a corner mounted shop keep is a bit weirdy heh, but at the inns and that place with the archives etc the movements give a life element (don't mind me, I get caught by fruit machines because of the moving flashing lights:) ).
--

Inziladun
Commoner

Postby Inziladun » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:45 am

He does have a valid point about the store keeps. If someone could post an annotated map showing the location of the floating buildings, doors etc, that would help a LOT.
I'll work on one.

Inziladun
Commoner

Postby Inziladun » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:57 am

Here's something I quickly threw together. Sorry for the poor quality, but i'm no photoshop wiz. It should get the message across though.

seethings
Commoner

odds and ends

Postby seethings » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Thrall gate fort.... as you walk up to the front gate coming from Caer you click at the cross roads within the fort so that your char will walk nicely down the road into the fort and the pathing takes you of the side of the road next to the palisade ....

also about half way along there is a gap in the palisade such that when leaving the fort... to go back to caer the pathing takes char through the wall and onto the hill side.

regards

k9burn
Dasarian Scout

Postby k9burn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:02 pm

In the thrall exterior zone, if you want to enter the slave building (not sure of the name) you have to walk up manually (arrow keys). Clicking on the door from afar will not work. Once you are up close you can click on the door then go inside...
-k9burn

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

shadeogrey
Commoner

Postby shadeogrey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 am

I think the description for Mae's Trollish Concoctions maybe a little off.
What she SAID about them was accurate enough, but the text for the actual potions are rather misleading.

Nothing serious or urgent. Just a minor annoyance

Yar

Vahene
Gets her own T-Shirt with Val Kilmer; 2009 BEST SCREENSHOT WINNER!
Main Player Character: Edana & Elle
Other PCs: Brion
Vallyn
Faen
Ithwynn
Bioware Username: Vahene

Postby Vahene » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:05 am

There are typing errors when you examine the parcels given to you in the Smith's quest.. I think on both, but at least on one. Forgive my tired, school-beaten brain for a moment (college sucks).. I can't remember if its the plow blade or the parcel.

-K

FIXED
Dame Edana Genvaldi - Knight of Argentum Vigilo
Brion Genvaldi - "Obtainer" of Lost Items
Amarenth Dormagic - A Trickster

Famous Last Words: "A lich, huh? No problem; I steal his spellbook."

muletang
Dasarian Hero

Postby muletang » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:46 am

In the thrall exterior zone, if you want to enter the slave building (not sure of the name) you have to walk up manually (arrow keys). Clicking on the door from afar will not work. Once you are up close you can click on the door then go inside...
I was ok with this earlier today
if you click outside the main gates whilst on the path near Ealden (yeah you have to be rolled out a fair way and be able to see it etc, but you get a proper icon and the circle appears on the floor etc) you run around the house that is usually locked and has nothing inside (on the misty side of the road) and stop to the left of the door. I usually click as far in front as I can especially around gates so I dont start closing them and having to use keys, so noticed this a few times then tested it and it does it everytime.
sweet guys, doesn't happen anymore (edit: but i have a new screeny of something else that happens instead - coming later)
--

ConcordDawn
Commoner

Postby ConcordDawn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:27 am

When walking south in the city past Falier's house. If you turn right and head up the small rise where a guard resides, nine times out of ten I will walk in behind the houses rather than straight up the path.

Return to “Bug Reports”