Memories

OOC discussions directly related to Dasaria.
DM Odin
Lord of The Realms

Memories

Postby DM Odin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:44 am

Greetings one and all,

I could not hinder myself from revisiting the site again after a long period of absence. I realize there is not much activity in here but like so many others I wanted to leave my gratitude to the server over all somehow.
I will not start to list all the memories I have of dasaria, instead I wanted to celebrate the memories as a whole.
I started playing on Dasaria 2 in 2008. I created one of my more interesting characters, Marrent Arghivius that served as a semi-villian on Das for a while. I had such great Role Play moments with so many players that I fear I can’t recall everyone or risk missing naming important one if I start. But in short, I love you all – awesome Role players!

I must also give my thanks to everyone that came to my rescue when I tried to bring the Role play to the forum. I wrote several stories that I still consider to be part of some of the most enjoyable writings I have written so far.

I had not played for long before I took a DM role as well and the experience of Dasaria grew even more. The server was at a down at that time but a joint effort from the player base and the Das team actually drew in a new wave of interest and Das bloomed again for a few years. I am proud to claim that I was part of that and I hope everyone else that somehow has helped to keep Das flourishing feels the same.
Being a DM on Das has given me as much as being a player and I believe I have learned so much more about storytelling then I ever did at the Pen and paper version. It is also a wonderful thing when people from all around the world looks at the clock yerning to get the fix of an hour or two with other players from all over despite that the platform maybe was not the most stable or presented a game with the best graphics. Those facts tells something about the quality of the stories and roleplay that kept people on the server despite all the hustle, year after year…

Finally, Dasaria the server, might stop working one day, but for me the adventures and fun that I have experienced will probably never truly fade away. The stories, the headache, the smiles, the blood… it keeps returning to me. And it is with a very warm feeling that I from time to time pause with memories of Dasaria.

These memories are always welcome and I know I share them with many fantastic people out there. That is a good thing.
So in short – THANK YOU DASARIANS - YOU ROCK!!

Jain Zar
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: Depheant Makepeace
Other PCs: Elvina Hellcat, Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Sin...

Re: Memories

Postby Jain Zar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:36 pm

pft... Dasaria never stops working...

So you better keep coming back!

:mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Falcon Knight Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Madam Franciezka, Knight-Aspirant Depheant Makepeace, Magister Elvina Hellcat, Sirvius Darkmoon

DM Odin
Lord of The Realms

Re: Memories

Postby DM Odin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:46 pm

I most definately will ;)

xmikas
Dasarian
Main Player Character: Anna Annike
Other PCs: Morgana Senend
Tagnar Kivna
Ming Ling
Virna Henace