What is/was your favorite area of Dasaria 2 and why?

OOC discussions directly related to Dasaria.
Atharin
Prodigal Son
Main Player Character: Kadmiel Greywolf

What is/was your favorite area of Dasaria 2 and why?

Postby Atharin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 am

This is the message's body. And what a body it is. Can you feel the stir in your loins? Dayuuuuuuuum I've been in Frankfurt for a week and it's incredibly boring here help me

Domina
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: Celestia Domina
Other PCs: Selene Domina
Leena Baraan

Re: What is/was your favorite area of Dasaria 2 and why?

Postby Domina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:48 am

My favorite area is the (redesigned) Temple of Rel because it was a big achievement and designed by another relite :D

Second is Pandamonium because as much as it pissed me off...the place was well designed, intense, and a dynamic experience.

Third fave are the dwarven areas hidden and suggested through out the world. Exotic, fun to find, and lovely lore!
The night is far spent, the day is at hand;
Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us wear the armor of light.
Image Image

Sahji
Dasarian Scout
Main Player Character: Terrah
Other PCs: Ioe, Fyvre, Willow
Bioware Username: Sahjii

Postby Sahji » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:55 pm

This isn't really helpful, I don't think, but, the more I'm working with the editor, the more appreciative I am of all the little details in game.

Personally I'm geared toward finding little unique nooks and crannies. (Nook, is that a word?) I like the areas you can reach from Morrell, from a design/visual standpoint, because the wild environment is heavily suggested and done up. Kor orcss along a mountain? Feels rather epic to me. No real opinion on encounters. The maw areas are neat for the area effects. Interiors, the gods temple in Cear is pretty awesome--it's big and open but has good visuals and interactibility, and provides a unique roleplay experience. I also like Ravenswatch...and the OLM map...and the gnome game house.....and the white witch's place....redleafe tavern (that dragon statue thing is awesome)...Teshalias temple (mostly because of a long since fixed glitch where Teshalia was found walking around. That was entirely too epic).....Ugh, I can't pick a favorite.

C....can I just have a copy of Das to play with, sans characters and quests? :lol:

Also the Vanguard estate. Lovely. >_> But I'm biased. :mrgreen:

Ron
Forum Troll

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:59 pm

I like Daris and the crypt there, The tree house areas in the Ravenwood, Aucklorn and the overland map areas. I could go on but I'll stop there.
Satinka Onatah

Wired
Retired

Postby Wired » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 am

I've probably logged the most hours of my life in the Kalem caves or Bugbears, but Tassiel's tower still holds the most thrill for me. Going back to when I was most active as a player, that was the highest level dungeon, and there's something special about it still soloing it for me.

The August Falier quest still seems very Diablo1-esque to me and I like that.

My feelings North and West of Thrall's Gate are different because I had more to do the expansion of Dasaria II beyond those zones.
Cum eos testibus arripuisses, eorum corda mentesque sequentur

10/2

Main Player Character: Thayne Rhaz
Other PCs: Marr, Calian Ostes
Bioware Username: karmakeni

Postby Karma » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:48 pm

I really liked the Taverns, and the hills and swampy trail past Thralls Gate. Taverns have to be so cozy but functional and I think if a server doesn't have a good tavern it wont get very far. Working your way up through the Barony was always fun for me, and seeing the little town at the end barely holding on. I wish there were more quests there, and more that brought you up to the Castle. I was only ever in it once and it left me wanting more.
ImageImageImage
|Archmage Calian Ostes|Thayne Rhaz|Marr|

Rheia Althia
Dasarian Scout
Main Player Character: Maeve Eamnon
Other PCs: Captain Leyland Lamond

Postby Rheia Althia » Mon May 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Korgov. I just loved the ambiance, and I'm sure there is a fair amount of RP nostalgia that influences that :)

Jain Zar
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: Depheant Makepeace
Other PCs: Elvina Hellcat, Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Sin...

Postby Jain Zar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

I fell in love with Tristan... and the Sacred Grove.
The areas just seem to appeal to me, and I have good rp memories there.

Also the Kalem maze below Cear attracted me, especially during the time I played Lucius. I loved to rp there, using the area as one of those endless places below the city that was opportune for rping criminal stuff. Wish there were even some more tunnels and connected with each other. Like from the docks to Kalem to the sewers etc. Or roofs over which we could walk or jump by using ropes etc. Crazy :)
Last edited by Jain Zar on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Falcon Knight Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Madam Franciezka, Knight-Aspirant Depheant Makepeace, Magister Elvina Hellcat, Sirvius Darkmoon

rohenna
I got post 3000 on word association
Main Player Character: Shayde Mel'for-Card
Other PCs: Mouse
Lyre-lei (dec)
Bioware Username: rohenna

Postby rohenna » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 pm

The Daris Forest - I loved it almost as much as Shayde did. Laughed, cried, RP'ed...bread, campfires, tears, confessions, fights, magic, love, heartbreak, retreat, escape...and no bugs in sleeping bags! It was beautiful there.

Second probably the Daris ruins. Haunty, isolated, and who doesn't love a good moonrise while skinny dipping in the ocean?

Third Shayde's house, just because it was such an important symbol to her of freedom and independence. (And it didnt have a kitchen - WOO HOO)
Shayde Mel'for-Card | Lyre-lei | Mouse

Jain Zar
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: Depheant Makepeace
Other PCs: Elvina Hellcat, Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Sin...

Postby Jain Zar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Crap... I completely forgot about the houses ...

:-D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Falcon Knight Garet Mellan, Lucius Eberhardt, Madam Franciezka, Knight-Aspirant Depheant Makepeace, Magister Elvina Hellcat, Sirvius Darkmoon

rohenna
Lyre-lei (dec)

Postby rohenna » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:29 pm

So many memories created in those houses!

Wired
Retired

Postby Wired » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Oh, thanks for reminding me about housing (and playing to my vanity)! Whatever was going on a) I was not DM-ing it, it was happening on its own b) I didn't build it you, did, c) you were all having a blast anyway, or maybe you were because a & b. It also allowed us to do more with factions.

Honestly when I play I just sort of dungeon crawl to blow off steam and have never been inside another player's house other than the builder's test module that led to that feature. It tickles me pink that somebody has a lasting memory from those experiences and at least I enabled it!

I have seen it criticized as well, that it kept some of the best RPers locked up instead of standing around North Cear luring others into the fray, and I accept that.

I do think the playerhousing screenshots thread is one of my favs though. I was completely surprised by the outcome.
Cum eos testibus arripuisses, eorum corda mentesque sequentur

10/2

Atharin
Prodigal Son
Main Player Character: Kadmiel Greywolf

Postby Atharin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:52 am

The Daris Forest
Incidentally, that was my least favorite area to build. Don't get me wrong, I was very happy with how it turned out, but it was hell in the toolset with all those trees getting in the way of detailing/shading...

My favorite area both to build and explore was Carcerum. I regret that the decision to make it a super-hard high level dungeon; few people bothered with it. It should have been tailored as a starter adventure for levels 1-5.

rohenna
Lyre-lei (dec)

Postby rohenna » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:22 am

Incidentally, that was my least favorite area to build. Don't get me wrong, I was very happy with how it turned out, but it was hell in the toolset with all those trees getting in the way of detailing/shading...
I'd forgotten you built that, Atharin. It was beautiful. But it also reminded me you also built the new Rel temple - THAT was gorgeous work.

Rheia Althia
Dasarian Scout
Main Player Character: Maeve Eamnon
Other PCs: Captain Leyland Lamond

Postby Rheia Althia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Oh, the houses! So many great memories there! In fact, I think I spent more time decorating my house than levelling or questing >_>

I loved the Daris forest as well, and Cear just because I remember so many wonderful RP experiences there.

Return to “General Discussion”