Prophetic Dreamscape

Strictly In Character roleplay posts go here.
Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator
Main Player Character: Elrith
Other PCs: Beatrix Flittermoon / Beryl Flittermoon / Camryn / Kaneko Rin
Bioware Username: Xul13

Prophetic Dreamscape

Postby Elrith » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 am

(Some months ago)

Sitting at a knee high desk with her legs folded beneath her, a peculiar girl begins recounting her odd experiences to her brother in the tongue of the Anjiran people.

"Every night when the moon is rising in the sky above our great islands, it always begins the same. I find myself slipping between being aware of my physical body and being somewhere, different; as if falling half-awake into darkness. It is a place where apparitions born from my consciousness roam with Gods and spirits.

Sometimes these dream entities tell me things, and as time passes they either happen or they do not. They are mostly inconsequential; no more significant than a falling blossom that is swept away in the quickly moving river. Each dream has always occurred in our homeland. Until last night...
"

A number of brushes and scrolls are lain out before the girl and she picks one up, drawing the images to her next words with broad strokes in black ink.

"It begins with me walking along unfamiliar land, not of our islands, but the rugged mountains and endless valleys of some foreign place. I pass by a city nestled against the water by the arms of the earth.

Somewhere in a great forest there is a dark fog. It slowly spreads, withering and killing everything it touches. Then screams, dismemberment.

There are shadows in the fog that feast on those too weak or slow to run away. I flee further into the forest trying to avoid the fate of those around me.

Suddenly I can hear a small newborn crying. I run to the sound ahead of me; it comes from a clearing in the trees. The child is there surrounded by pressing darkness. Delusion, freight, agony. It turns and speaks to me as our old seers do in the language of the Gods. "

Having finished a series of eerie ink paintings her hand trembles, snapping the brush, as salty tears begin to batter the unfinished form of the child's face. It swirls into unrecognizable shapes, joining with the dark fog around it.

"I can't hear what he's saying! The Great Moon Goddess is trying to tell me something and I can't understand it.

I have to go to these foreign lands. If I go maybe I can hear what the child has to say!
"

Her eyes pleaded with the older brother. Only one answer would be acceptable.

(Present Day)
A peculiar foreign girl steps out of the Library in the trades and commons district. She had just met with the great Loremaster who had listened to her account of the dream. Clutched to her chest was a large tome. With his advice her search for answers had just begun.
Xul: ~Elrith ~Maiden Camryn ~Beatrix Flittermoon~Beryl Flittermoon~Kaneko Rin
ImageImage

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Re: Prophetic Dreamscape

Postby Elrith » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 am

月影 Moonbeams

The Anjiran girl sat on the floor with her back propped up against a pillow, protecting her from the hard baseboard of the bed. Her sword rested on a stand in front of where the girl sat, encased in its sheath. A feeling of drowsiness overcame her tear soaked eyes, and the overwhelming taste of spirits eventually gave way to rhythms of the mind.

Drifting in a sea of undulations...

Sleeping dormant...

Time passes...

A flower blooms among the angry trees.

The path winds forever. Staring into eternity.

The blaze in the sky falls. Sacrifices itself upon the green altar.

Given new life; the lunar mask rises.

Fleeting change of face. Dark shades of blue. Silver.

Amidst the forest; something waits. Elven grace.

His form perfect. His face beauty. Anguish personified.

Temptation drifts on the wind. Desire swells in the chest. Tears cut like knives.

A shift in tide. Inescapable pull. The world subverts.

Falling, falling, falling.

A dark forest rises. The ground is cold like fire. Piercing screams and sobbing child.

Beauty turns to omen. Familiar landscape. The words are not spoken.
ImageImage

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

She had been sleep walking. Traveling for miles in nothing but paltry sleeping garments. The hairless artist Bogudar had followed her and apparently made some discovery, a connection, between her dream and the real world. More of a theory really, nothing was for certain yet. Rin hoped that her coming meeting with the moon priestess would change things.

Were these constant dreams really a message from the great Moon Goddess? Was she destined to hold the position of a miko, even though she had no wish for it? She was not worthy of such station. Even her first meeting with a dragon in human form had not gone well. She had been pushed aside as a weakling, a nuisance not worthy of its time.

If these dreams proved false she could return home back to the way things were before. She would have nothing to prove, no one to save. A world of familiarity would return to her, instead of these strange lands with their backwards ways.

Rin looked across to the door of her room. The armoire stood steadfast in front of it. Acting as a sentinel against her unwillful excursions into the night. She blew out the candle and let the rising crescendo of sleep overtake her.

月火 Moonfire

Out of nothing; Rising rhythms.

Familiar faces; dark places.

The forest. Bathed in shadows; floating softly.

Unfamiliar sounds. Music on the wind.

A great span.

Flying, flying, flying.

Its wings play melodies.

Scales of silver. The Moon's rays shine like fire.

The girl in awe.

Hands reach heavenward. Full of hope. Desire.
ImageImage

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

Something was wrong. She felt cold, exposed to a sudden chill. There was an irregular throbbing as the ground pushed against the soles of her feet out of time with her own steps.

In a desperate attempt she reached up to the silver dragon again as it crossed over the moon.

Thunk.

Rin grasped something but it was not part of the dream she was still experiencing...
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout
Main Player Character: Darion Crimson
Bioware Username: The Nepharian

Postby Crimson » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 am

The night was warm and full of stars, and the full moon rose above all, casting it's silvery light upon everything.
He had been on his way to Cear when he noticed the girl.

As soon as he saw her, he knew that something was off, and as he strode closer to her, it became clear that she was dreamwalking.

Knowing the potential danger of this state, and the fact that she was headed in the general direction of the large goblin cave in the farmlands, he strode to her, stepped in front of her, and put his hands on her shoulders in order to stop her.
“They say dragons never truly die. No matter how many times you kill them.”

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am

A cacophony of crashing symbols ring out as tectonic plates slam together. Suddenly the ground buckles and a great bronze wall rushes forth. It surrounds her arms up to the shoulders sucking them in place before solidifying like a viscous liquid. Rin presses futilely against it with all her strength.

---

In the land of those still awake the girl struggles with a laughable effort against the man holding her. A faint aura of magic surrounds her. She doesn't seem to be any more awake than before she was stopped.
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout

Postby Crimson » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 am

He holds her there so she doesn't wander off, but gently.
Darion then speaks in a calm, soothing voice: "Easy.. don't fight me, I am not an enemy."

As he notices the magic around her, he raises an eyebrow slightly.
Perhaps a more powerful language will help..

And so, he speaks in the ancient tongue of dragons: "It is time to wake up, little one."

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am

A great boom. Bronze turned to dust. The moon melting.

--

Then suddenly she found herself beating against the chest of a strange man. Was it Bogudar?

No his face was foreign to her. Crying out in terror she pushes backwards while shouting in Anjiran, "Who are you?"

She stumbles. The weight of her body spilling toward the earth. Eyes flaring wide in surprise.
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout

Postby Crimson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am

He doesn't flinch as she escapes from him. He merely stands there with his hands raised slightly in a calm demeanor.
"Easy.. I'm not going to hurt you. You were sleepwalking, and on your way to a dangerous place." he says and smiles a bit at her.

He then calmly extends his hand towards her.
"Need a hand?"

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

Landing on her tailbone in the slightly damp grass causes a shock to travel all the way up her spine.

Snap! "Agh!"

At least now she was awake.

Still speaking in Anjiran, Rin wonders aloud, "What was th-?" Hands grasp behind her, pulling forth the broken neck of a lute.

"I can't believe this happened again! Ugh."

The girl looks up at the offered hand. Her face seems about to burst into tears, but she grasps it and pulls herself upwards. She stairs at the broken neck of the lute in her other hand and then suddenly throws it behind herself awkwardly. A profuse bow towards the man before her quickly follows.

"Forgive me for causing you so much trouble," she blurts in common. A hand reaches to her hip, feeling for the familiarity of a sheath. Nothing. In fact she is hardly wearing anything more than a thin linen gown fit for nothing more than sleeping in. This was not exactly the best position to wake up in. Sleep walking could turn out to be as dangerous as her drinking habits.

"Eheh, thanks for stopping me," Rin says as she returns to a relaxed posture. Her dark brown eyes wander over the man standing before her. Something about him seems... uncanny. But it's hard to tell. For a second she could have swore his skin was reflecting the moonlight.

Rubbing her eyes momentarily she proceeds to space out in his general direction.
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout

Postby Crimson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm

He smiles at her and shakes his head calmly.
"You have caused me no trouble, miss. It would have been a dark act to let you walk to the bugbears, especially unarmed and unarmored... and sleeping." he says with a chuckle.

He unclips his red cloak from his bronzen chestplate, and proceeds to put it around the girls shoulders.
"While the weather is with us these days, it would not do to walk around like that." he says.

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:54 am

Genuine surprise spreads over Rin's face as the man removes his cloak and places it about her shoulders. The Moon Goddess and Lady Luck must both be watching over her. The sudden influx of heat and foreign material around her shoulders causes the girl to shiver.

After recovering from the involuntary motion the Anjiran girl looks into the eyes of the man in front of her. "One so quick to part with his possessions, you must be a knight. I thank you again for saving me. "

At the conclusion of her speech she clasps her hands together and bows in a show of respect again. When the act concludes a sense of seriousness is prevalent in her body language. "I've been told I'm not easy to wake when this happens; how did you manage?"
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout

Postby Crimson » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 am

He chuckles and shakes his head.
"Some call me the dragon knight, but that is merely a nickname. I'm not a real knight." he says.

He smiles at her, the small, young woman who stands huddled in his cloak..
"Oh, there is no need to thank me... and no, you were quite hard to wake up. It is obvious that there is some kind of magic involved..." he says, then pauses while he looks at her eyes.

"I woke you up by speaking in the ancient tongue of the dragons." he finishes.

Elrith
Wondrous Prognosticator

Postby Elrith » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:17 am

Eh?! A knight. Not just a knight, but a dragon knight. He can even speak their language!

This is the closest I've ever been to one that actually wanted to interact with me. Not only that, he protected me as well. This is making me nervous? What should I do?

During some obvious inner turmoil the Anjiran girl seemed to be having trouble making up her mind. After a long moment of silence passes she says, "Ho-- What do you know about dragons? I'm from somewhere that holds them -- views them as important. Something to be respected and treasured. If you are a dragon knight and can speak their language then you must know more than I."

Rin looks down at her feet. "I only know a few words."
ImageImage

Crimson
Dasarian Scout

Postby Crimson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Darion smiles at the girl, her words warming his heart.
"It is rare for people to view dragons as important... and you seem like you respect them a lot." he says.

He looks up at the skies for a moment, imagining how it would be to fly up there... and then speaks:
"I know a fair bit about dragons, I'd say." He looks to her again.
"If you have questions, I will answer them as well as I can."

((SO sorry for the much too long delay!))

Return to “Meanwhile in Dasaria...”